McAlister Home Group Blog - 2017 Articles
December 2017 Articles:
- Come celebrate the 25th anniversary of Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier! Drive through 7 miles of beautiful and unique light displays of Holiday scenes and characters. Listen to Holiday music on the radio which synchronizes with the displays as you drive to make this a truly memorable experience. Read the full article on Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier.
- Come see a performance of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" at the Center of Puppetry Arts. Watch a classic Holiday movie come to life through the magic of puppets in a live performance! See some of your favorite characters such as Hermey the Elf, Yukon Cornelius, and the Abominable Snow Monster re-tell the story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Read the full article on the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Performance.
- Stone Mountain Christmas is a great Atlanta attraction for family, friends and visitors. With over 2 million lights decorating the Park, the spirit of the season thrives with Stone Mountain Christmas. Guests can enjoy festive music throughout the day. Visits from favorites such as the Snow Angel, Santa Claus and Rudolph are sure to have everyone smiling. New attractions and shows will be amazing! With so much to do, this will be a great way to celebrate the Holidays! Read the full article on Stone Mountain Christmas.
Holidays are here and with that comes parties and spirited gatherings.
It is your turn to host this year! Remain calm and breathe. Host a
stress free Holiday party with these fabulous tips from the McAlister
Home Group. Keep yourself collected and prepare in advance. Your guests
will be truly amazed. Read the full article on Hosting a Stress Free Holiday Party.
November 2017 Articles:
- Come enjoy the Chastain Park Arts Festival this Saturday and Sunday, November 4th and 5th. Among the many awards given, this festival is also named as one of the Nation's Top 100 Arts Festival, ranked at 67. Additionally, it is presented by The Atlanta Foundation of Public Spaces. Click here to read more about the Chastain Park Arts Festival.
- Attend the Atlanta Fall Wine Festival at Historic 4th Ward Park this Saturday, November 11th from 1:00-5:00pm. Hosted by Atlanta Wine Festivals, this is the First Atlanta Fall Wine Festival. Additionally, over 100 varieties of wine, beer and cider will be available to sample. Click here to read more about the Atlanta Fall Wine Festival.
- Buying a home is a huge financial decision and may be your largest investment. It is important to protect your home from vulnerabilities such as natural disasters, burglary, vandalism and liabilities from personal injuries on your property. That is where homeowner's insurance comes into play. Read the full article on Homeowner's Insurance here.
- Over the next decade, an unprecedented number of Americans will reach the retirement age of 65. As the baby boom generation continues to enter traditional retirement age, historical views of retirement are continuously being challenged. Read the full article on Atlanta Active Adult Homes and Communities.
- Garden Lights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden have returned. This is the seventh annual Holiday Nights. The Atlanta Botanical Garden is transformed into a magical world filled with spectacular lights, visual masterpieces and enthusiastic Holiday spirit. Read the full article on Garden Lights at Atlanta Botanical Garden.
October 2017 Articles:
- Keller Williams Peachtree Road career night is almost here! Please let me know if you have anyone that has been this thinking about getting into real estate. Keller Williams Peachtree Road is the #1 office in Real Estate in Atlanta. I would be happy to introduce you to the Peachtree Rd crew that can help you launch a successful career!! Click here for the full article.
- As Halloween approaches, people often consider alternatives for Halloween candy. Many children attend multiple events prior to the big night of October 31st. Such activities may include trunk-o-treat, attending a Halloween party, trick or treating at local malls and churches, and fun filled Fall festivals. With so much candy coming home, looking into other options becomes important. Therefore, we worked hard to come up with a list of ideas that children would find equally enjoyable! Click here for the full article on alternatives to Halloween candy.
- Atlanta home prices have increased over 9.5% this past year. The demand for housing in the Metro Atlanta area continues to climb. Atlanta is currently ranked in the top 20 metro areas for price increases according to the S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index. Additionally, based on Zillow, Atlanta home prices will rise another 5.6% next year based on market trends. Read the full article on Atlanta's Housing Market for October 2017 here.
- Housing trends are always changing, especially with Atlanta ranch homes making a comeback. Single level homes means no stairs, which adds a level of convenience for all ages. The unique design of ranch home styles have open floor layouts and attached garages. Some come with the option for a finished or unfinished basement. Whether you are looking for a new construction Atlanta ranch home or an original ranch style home, the McAlister Home Group can work with you to find your dream home. Read the full article on Atlanta ranch homes here.
- We love Atlanta and all of the 242 Atlanta neighborhoods. These neighborhoods are then classified among five Atlanta areas and three Georgia Counties. The style of housing, culture, household income and overall feel of each Atlanta neighborhood is quite a mix. Some areas have traditional neighborhoods while others have subdivisions or clusters of home. There are historical neighborhoods, areas with new developments and then there are townhomes and condos throughout the core of downtown. With so many options to choose from, you need an experienced real estate team to help you better understand the right area and home to fit your needs and personality. Read the full article on Atlanta neighborhoods here
September 2017 Articles:
- Every year the Art on the Atlanta BeltLine celebrates their exhibition with a captivating and energetic Atlanta Beltline Lantern Parade. The event is created and hosted by Chantelle Rytter and the Krewe, of the Grateful Gluttons. The glowing parade of light, music, and color illuminates the Eastside Trail and occurs on the first Saturday after Labor Day each year. Click here to read our full article.
- Atlanta’s market is expanding greatly and the need for public transportation is on rise. Trackside Chamblee is part of MARTA’s new expansion plan for the Chamblee MARTA station. This multi-use facility will meet the demands of professionals today as well as offer exiting, retail, dining and entertainment. Click here to read our full article.
- It is that time of year again. Stone Mountains' Pumpkin Festival is back! Do not miss this family friendly event which will run from September 29 to October 29. Experience all that autumn provides with attractions, lively games, captivating shows, and more. Spookley's Funtastic Kid's Carnival is new to Stone Mountain this year. Click here for the full article.
July 2017 Articles:
- Sunset Sessions at Piedmont Park are held at Park Tavern from late April to early October. Park Tavern is conveniently located near the Atlanta BeltLine. This annual free concert series is a favorite for local Atlanta residents and visitors alike. Click here to read our full article.